CH�ANG MING (TAOIST LONG LIFE DIET)
The Taoist sensible eating and drinking recommendations for constant good health.
You can eat the following foods:-
1. You can eat anything made from non-processed flour, such as whole wheat flour, rye,
maize, millet, barley, oats, Soya bean flour, rice flour or anything that is made from them
such as bread, cakes, pudding, biscuits or breakfast foods. (over 90% of soya beans are now
3. Local grown vegetables, which are in season, especially root vegetables, peas and beans -
saut�ed or steam them if you can for maximum goodness. But none of those which are
mentioned in NO 10. of the foods that are not to be eaten.
4. Beans shoots from mung beans. Soya beans are now overwhemingly genetically modified
and not to be taken.
5. Roasted nuts - but not salted, and preferably local grown.
6. Only local grown fruit, in season.
7. Low-fat natural yogurt.
8. Honey, but in small quantities.
9. Cottage cheese or vegetarian cheese.
10. Herb teas or herbal coffee or china teas. (most Chinese teas are now contaminated)
11. Organic butter, and oils such as sesame, olive or sunflower.
12. Eggs, preferably scrambled or in omelets - better still the yoke only.
13. Use Sea Salt or use Sesame Seed salt,
14. Dried fruit such as prunes, raisins, currants in cakes, biscuits etc.
15. Grain milk, or rice milk - but if necessary skimmed milk or powdered skimmed milk.
16. Make your own fruit drinks, but use only local grown organic fruit, stay away from
commercial and fizzy drinks.
17. Use wild vegetables and Herbs whenever you can.
18. Should you wish to do so, you may eat non-fat white fish, birds, poultry and seafood�s.
(most seafood is now contaminated, mainly with mercury, but not exclusively)
Foods recommended not to be eaten
1. No refined or processed foods. If any artificial colouring, preservatives, flavourings,
chemicals or fruit acids are included don't touch it.
2. Processed grain foods, especially white bread or anything that is made from white floor.
3. Deep fried food at all. Instead grill, braise or roast it.
4. Coffee, alcohol, tobacco, chocolates or sweets.
5. Spices, rock salt, mustard, pepper, vinegar (accept organic apple cider vinegar), pickles
6. Red meats such as pork, beef, mutton or lamb.
7. Salmon, mackerel, swordfish, tuna, shark or whale.
8. Sugar. (unless natural)
9. No cold food or drinks - including ice cream, jellies etc. and synthetic fruit juices.
10. Potatoes, tomatoes, aubergines, spinach or rhubarb.
11. Concentrated meat extracts.
12. Cheese, milk, butter, lard, boiled, fried or poached eggs.
13. Lard or dripping or other animal fat products.
14. Any bird or fish that have a lot of fat tissue.
(1) Chew your food really well.
(2) Don't drink with your meals - wait until at least half an hour after you have eaten.
All food consumed should now be organic and water should be filtered extensively. This
has never been more important. I strongly advise installing a whole house water
filter if you don't already have one fitted. Here is a link to a tried and trusted company:
Levels of pollutants, pesticides, heavy metals and a cocktail of other contaminents,
including GMOs are becoming the norm worldwide. So very special care and attention
should be taken when buying all food and water. This situation will only get worse
before it gets better unfortunately, as the genie has been let out of the bottle.